We are all crazed this time of year so I wanted to give you a super easy holiday dessert to serve at all your parties. This Santa’s Milk and Cookies treat takes no time to prepare and is kitschy and fun for Christmas! I suggest you simply buy some delicious cookies and use those instead of baking. A girl needs to save time wherever she can! Pour some milk, lay the cookie on the rim and garnish with a fun holiday straw and you have a dessert to DIY for!
I am so obsessed with making holiday flair….first Thanksgiving party shoes and now Christmas Tree flats! Wahoo. These are sooo super easy to make and won’t break the bank. Wear these at one of your parties and everyone will fall in love with them. The pink and green combo is a fun change from the regular red and green for holiday flats. I already have gotten so many compliments walking down the street. A little kitschy flair is perfect for the Christmas spirit!
You can DIY these babies or if you are too busy and just want to buy them I will make a handmade pair and have it delivered to your door!
-Grab some Christmas tree felt cut outs from Target available in store.
-Head to H&M and get a pair of their plain flats in whatever color you want.
- Glue the felt Christmas Tree cut outs to the top of your flats with an industrial adhesive such as Weldbond glue.
-Voila! You have super cute holiday flats that people with DIY for!
There are so many great gifts this holiday season and you don’t have to break the bank to get em! I am sure you have a lot of holiday parties to go to as well and these are perfect for secret santa presents. I personally want all of these but my favorites are the reindeer antler sunglasses and the cheese and mouse knife set! This kitschy gift guide is too cute!
Yup, you read it right! Pinnacle vodka has paired with cinnabon for a yummy new flavor just in time for the holidays. The Cinnabon flavored vodka is sort of weird slash sort of amazing! Everyone remembers their younger years spent at the mall eating Cinnabons and Auntie Aunts pretzels. Now, you can bring that joy back with this Cinnabon vodka cocktail! It will definitely be a conversation starter at all your holiday parties. The recipe is super simple and taste delicious! It tastes like an apple cinnamon pie! YUMO!
Cinnabon Vodka Cocktail
2 shots of Cinnabon Vodka (It’s the holidays..one shot will not be enough!)
2/3 Apple Juice
1/3 Soda Water
Garnish with a slice of apple and cinnamon stick
Everybody puts on their Sunday best around the holidays and your dogs should be no different. However, costumes can be very expensive soooo I created some holiday doggie flair for less! All you need to do is take a harness or collar and sew these cute wine bottle bows ties onto them. I found the bows at World Market on sale for less than $3! Wahooo. I like these bows because they are big and sturdy and can easily be washed. Pups always seem to get into something dirty! Now, I sewed the bows onto Olive’s collar but you could also take a strong fabric glue if you really don’t want to get out a needle and thread! I love this project because its super easy, so on your budget and creates some cuteastic holiday doggie flair! Enjoy and please share your holiday doggie flair photos with us in the comment section below!
Let’s face it, there’s a lot to do to get ready for the holiday, so here are a couple fun party items for Thanksgiving that you can create to make a CUTEastic atmosphere in noooo time! And on the cheap of course!
1) Get super cute wine bottle bow ties and repurpose them as super cute napkin holders. Grab these at World Market for $3 in store and $9 online!
2) Garnish all your drinks with fresh cranberries. Sooo festive and you can throw them in any drink without them changing the flavor of your cocktail! Even throw them in some sparkling water! Too cute! Of course, finish it off with a fun paper straw.You can get both the paper straws and fresh cranberries at your local super market!
3) Have a little apothecary jar of orange rock candy. Super unique and brings you back to when you were a kid! Olive loves them! Also, a great candy bar decor item! Pick these babies up at any Party City!
These Thanksgiving dumplings look so good and professional that even my own sister thought I didn’t make them! However, I did whip these bad boys up and so can you! They are super easy to make and everyone will be so impressed by your culinary expertise! Your guests will be DIYing over these butternut squash, sage and walnut dumplings with a cranberry and soy dipping sauce. My mouth is watering already!
I love these dumplings because they are so unique and they mold together two of my favorite things…Chinese food and Thanksgiving food. I give thanks for that! I just love serving one dish at the holidays that is kitschy and out of the ordinary. These Thanksgiving dumplings will certainly stand out!
Butternut Squash, Sage and Walnut Dumplings
with Cranberry Soy Dipping Sauce
Ingredients: Serving (5 pieces)
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2 Cup chopped raw butternut squash (small cubes)
1/3 cup of chopped walnuts
2 Chopped fresh large sage leaves
Pre-made round dumpling wraps (buy at any supermarket)
Dash of Nutmeg to taste
Salt to taste
Saute the butternut squash, sage and walnuts in the butter until the squash is soft. Then, lay out your round dumpling wraps and put a small portion of the squash sage and walnut mixture in the middle. Dab a little water around the outer ring of the dumpling wrapper and then fold over into a half moon and seal the casing by pressing down with your fingers or a fork. I like to use a fork because the indents make the dumpling look more professional. Finally, put vegetable oil in a medium pan to fry the dumplings. There should be a thin layer of vegetable oil at the bottom of the pan. Make sure the oil is hot before dropping the dumplings inside. They will fry up extremely quickly, literally drop the dumplings in the pan to fry for only ten seconds on each side. Voila! Thanksgiving dumplings that are super to be a hit!
Mix 2 Tablespoons of chunky cranberry sauce (whichever kind you prefer) with 2 teaspoons of soy sauce and a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar to taste.
DIY or BUY
Wahoo! For select items, I will be doing a DIY or BUY offer! This means that you can either follow my DIY instructions for these Thanksgiving party shoes or you can simply BUY them and I will ship the flats right to your door!
Click Here -$50
Please fill out the form with what size, color and quantity you want. Be sure to include a shipping address. I will send you a paypal invoice to your email and voila! You can sport these super cute and kitschy Thanksgiving party shoes.
Now to DIY
Buy plain orange, red or grey flats from H&M. Then, get felt acorn and squirrel cut outs from World Market. Both items are only sold in the stores. Next, take Weldbond glue , which is an industrial style adhesive and glue the acorns and squirrels to the top of your flats. Let them dry for a good hour before wearing. Your done! Easy peasy! Super fab Thanksgiving party shoes in no time!
Fall is one of my favorite times of year, with all the fresh scents of pine cones and rich colors of changing leaves. To bring some of that joy inside the home and get into the Thanksgiving spirit, let’s make some fab diy pine cone flower vases. These babies are super easy to make and look wonderful around the house. They are oh so rustic chic and would be great as part of a centerpiece for all your holiday entertaining.
Here’s What Ya Do:
Large pine cones
Tall glass tumblers
X Actor knife or Scissors
Hot glue gun
Take a large pine cone and cut off the individual “leaves.” Glue the leaves around the glass tumbler, re-creating the shape of the natural pine cone on the glass. You want it to look as though the glass is coming out of the center of the pine cone. Glue on three strips of pine cones starting with the highest level and working down to the bottom so the leaves can easily fan out! Stick some flowers in there and you have a wonderful diy pine cone flower vase.
This past weekend, I stumbled upon this Fred and Friends unzipped bag bowl and think it is just too damn cute. What a perfect hostess gift for all your holiday parties! You could even pair it with some candy or salty treats for a more complete gift!
This unzipped bag bowl is made out of blown glass and could also be a wonderful house warming gift! Of course, I am always thinking about design and envision these bowls as centerpieces with goldfish in them! Tooo cute!
As life and work and kids get more hectic, sometimes a girl can be left feeling a little strung out and missing her beautiful/feminine side. It happens to all of us. Life is hard. So lets take some steps to get back to our beautiful and confident selves. You will feel more feminine in no time!
1) Smile. Yup, you read that right! Smile at least ten times a day. Making an effort to smile and bring positive energy into your everyday life will lighten your mood. This will make you feel better, look better and get into a more feminine state of being and of happiness.
2) Shake that Booty. Yes, you read that right too! There is a reason most girls put on music and dance around while doing their makeup before a date or a night out on the town. You are freeing your body by loosening up and dancing to the music. I know some of us dance pretty sexily in your bedrooms. I do it! That is a good thing. Channel that feminine sexy energy that you feel when you are dancing. An Uber feminine women is someone who is completely comfortable in her own skin and dancing regularly will help you become your most feminine self!
3) Vulnerability is beautiful. Life can get hard and it can harden us women into closed off and harsh human beings. Learn that vulnerability is beautiful and to accept your flaws. Nobody is perfect. This step will probably be the hardest of them all. It takes time. Identify your flaws, try to work on the ones you can change and accept those that you cannot.
4) Dirty nails are a no no. Yes, I am sad to say you hear that one right. It sounds so superficial right? And it is in a way. BUT, I swear to god it will make you feel more feminine when you are CLEAN. This includes noooo dirt under your nails, manicured hands and feet and general tidy and clean hygiene and appearance.
5) Walk, talk and dress the part! All those things are first impression indicators of who you are. If you walk hard on your feet, have a deep voice, curse and dress in black goth clothing you are not going to be viewed as feminine. Instead, walk lightly on your feet with a sway to your hips that feels comfortable and authentic to you. Channel that dancing sexy vibe from step 2 for a more graceful and provocative demeanor while you walk. For those of you with a deep set voice, try to counter it will a bit more of a high pitched tone and softer sound. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it works. Watch some Marilyn Monroe films and listen to the sounds of her voice. And noooo cursing! This is the least feminine thing a girl could do. Nobody likes a potty mouth! And last but not least, you can feel more feminine with how you dress. Dress the part with some pink, purples and yellows. Light and bright colors are super feminine and will help set free the girlie girl in you!
Beer cocktails are all the rage and who better to make the best of the best but Peroni! Last night I went to a lovely little gathering celebrating the 50th anniversary of Peroni Nastro Azzurro, premium Italian beer, at Cecconi’s. I, of course, had a blast sipping fancy Peroni beer cocktails and immediately wanted to share this tasty tip with all my readers. Beer cocktails are a great party drink this holiday season because they are super fun and unique and the men in your life will love them. No more complaints of “girlie” cocktails! These recipes are also perfect for an upscale game day celebration. Time to make football a little more fun a flirty ladies!
Peroni Beer Cocktails Recipes
Equal parts Peroni, Prosecco and Orangina
1 Tablespoon of Aperol
Garnish with a fresh orange!
1 shot of rum
1 Tablespoon of honey
1 Tablespoon of lime
Garnish with mint leaves!
I wanted to introduce all my crafty ladies to another DIY box for the holidays from Darby Smart and designer Rachel Smith of 52 Weeks Project! I love this project because it is super cute and sooo easy to make. These glitter dipped photo blocks are also so holiday chic and perfect for all the family photos you take at this time of year! I honestly don’t know anyone who couldn’t use a couple more “photo frames.” And of course, anything with glitter is amazing! Get 40% off with promo code HostessHandbook! Happy Holidays!
Happy Wednesday everyone! The holidays are fast approaching and before you know it, the gifting season will be here! If you are looking to make some handmade holiday gifts look no further! My Monogramed coasters crafting box on DarbySmart.com is available to my readers at 40% off! It is newly Holi-dazzled up for the season and better than ever! Wahoo! Let the inner DIY Diva free!
All you need to do is click here and enter promo code HostessHandbook for your 40% off. This crafting kit is great for making your own handmade holiday gifts or as a present for a crafty lady like yourself! Enjoy!