Party Like a Rock Star
The Skype and W(H)INE Girls Night
Hostesses with the mostestess rejoice! Ellen Clifford, actress and blogger over at Scrumptious Gruel (http://scrumptiousgruel.wordpress.com) is here to share a wonderful party idea for a girls night with your friends who live in different cities.
Allow me to introduce you to two recipes. One is for the Campari Champagne Cocktail. The other is a recipe for maintaining long-distance relationships and your bank account:
The Skype and W(h)ine Date
Or, if you are not into vino and venting:
The Skype and Cocktail
The Skype and W(h)ine or Cocktail Date
1) Friends you will love forever
2) Drink of choice
3) A computer and webcam or camera phone with Skype
1) Decide via text message(or email if you are going to be old-school about it) on a matching cocktail recipe, or a particular grape or region of wine.
2) If you want it to be a nice girl-date you can have pink cocktails.
3) Set a date and time keeping in mind time difference betwixt you and your chum.
4) When the time comes, skype each other up! You can open your wine or mix your cocktail in advance though I like to do this with my friends. Now, before the first sip the most important factor: the camera toast-this is my best girl back in St. Louis:
Then sample drinks and discuss. Just as good if not better than being at a loud, overcrowded bar. The initial layout for some of the booze used in cocktails may be high but hey, you’d easily spend that much on one night on the town, whereas you get literally dozens of drinks out of one pricy bottle at home. And it’s certainly less expensive than a plane flight.
Now, to take your mind off the money I give you:
The Campari Champagne Cocktail
(from the Ultimate Bar Book)
1 oz. Campari
3-5 oz. chilled champagne(its ok to use a less expensive one since it’s being mixed)
Orange peel twist
Add champagne to your glass, Slowly pour in the bubbly, stirring a bit. Run orange rind around the rim of the glass and drop in.
Delightful. These may look like girly drinks but due to the Campari they pack a saucy bitter kick. These are not just girl drinks, They are Woman Drinks.